You can make a greater impact on UMD by donating securities, such as stocks, bonds and mutual funds.
Instructions for making gifts of appreciated securities:
- Talk to your broker about the securities you'd like to give to the University of Minnesota Foundation or discuss the value of the securities you'd like to donate.
- Work with your broker to identify what securities or set of securities that approximates that value.
- Provide to your broker the following information on transferring securities electronically to UMD's broker:
- Broker name: RBC Wealth Management
- Account registration: University of Minnesota Foundation
- Account number: 30875055
- DTC number: 0235
- Account contact: Hal Tearse (952) 476-3729
- Alert UMD of your plans to transfer securities by emailing [email protected].
- Provide the following information in your email:
- Your name and address
- The stock or other securities you plan to transfer and the number of shares
- The approximate value of this gift
- The fund(s) into which you'd like this gift deposited. If you don't know the fund number(s), let us know the area at the University you seek to support.
Information on this website is not intended as legal or tax advice. For information on how any gift may affect your tax situation, please consult with your own professional advisor.